SECONDARY MODULE #2
LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND!
ESTIMATED TIME TO COMPLETE: One 90 minute class period
CONCEPT(S) LEARNED IN THIS MODULE:
- Students will select and construct the most appropriate display of data.
- They will be able to correctly evaluate their work.
STANDARD(S) ADDRESSED IN THIS MODULE (K-12):
- Distinguishing among appropriate displays for data.
TECHNOLOGY-ENHANCED INSTRUCTIONAL STRATEGIES UTILIZED IN THIS MODULE:
- MSPAP Grade 8: collect, organize and display data
- None necessary …. Technology uses are addressed in the next module.
||Brief Description of
|Materials / Technology
||Students will brainstorm a list of known ways to display data . They will reach consensus on what they, as a small group, feel is the most appropriate display.
||They will take their data from previous day and construct what they feel is the most appropriate display.
||Share with whole class their displays
||Develop checklist to rate display
||Use of checklist
EXPECTED MODULE OUTCOMES:
PERFORMANCE-BASED ASSESSMENT OF MODULE OUTCOMES:
- An appropriate, correct display of collected data and a student developed checklist for evaluation.
- Completed display and students' self evaluation of their work.
- If the teacher is comfortable with students' pencil/paper constructions of displays, then the Exploration and Explanation Steps above may be omitted. The checklist may be used in Module 3 with technology created displays.